Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday!


David had a birthday! It was kind of a weekend long celebration, it started at my parents (see above picture), where he had to be the center of attention (which he loves to be so much, again, see above picture) for birthday cake and presents.

We had a special dinner and chocolate cake last night before going out to enjoy the evening at our favorite bookstore. It was so nice here yesterday, I joked that the earth was celebrating David's birthday too. And maybe it was just a coincidence, but really he's something to celebrate.

Mostly because he......


Changes the channel when scary previews come on.


Tells me sweet things when I least expect them.


Washes the dishes, and keeps the floor clean.


Knows me better than anyone.


At my request, makes a meeting place for just in case a monster attacks Jacksonville while we aren't together, AND promises to come find me if I can't get to him (go watch Cloverfield).


Also promises that we'll die at the same time...and that he'll write a book to help me keep my memory when I loose it to dementia (see The Notebook).


Finds the good in everything.


Encourages me on my quest to do something big. And believes that I can.


Laughs at the most inappropriate times.


Happy birthday David. Let's celebrate you more often, it was really fun =)

3 comments:

Jenilee Sizemore said...

Aww, too cute. Happy birfday David. Sounds like it was a good birthday. I love that he'll write you a book like the Notebook. I actually like that I can tell Joe he's not the only husband who watches that with his wife. Cloverfeild? Isn't that scary?? I will definitely take pics of rhode Island. You would like it here. Very picturesque, lots of gardens, places to just walk and enjoy the weather.

Casey Gentle said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it always more fun to celebrate birthdays for the one you love? I get so excited for Mark's birthday. :)

Heather said...

It was fun, I think I may have been more excited than he was most of the time =)