Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Confession.

I like bluegrass music.

I've fought this for a while.

I'm kind of a music snob. The kind of person that only likes a band if no one knows about them. As if all of a sudden a band is less cool when more people accept them.

Maybe I'm more of a music hoarder. The kind of person that claims to listen to all kinds of music. "No really I like it all."

But back to the original confession...I like bluegrass music. I've tried to pretend like it's this trendy cool thing to like. I think I've only admitted to enjoying bands and artists that seem a little less bluegrass-y, and are a bit more easily accepted. Allison Krauss. I like her. But who doesn't?

I'm officially confessing the whole truth. I like the banjo-y, twangy stuff. I'm not afraid to admit it anymore. I'm done pretending like I'm a snob or a hoarder. I don't care that it's not trendy.

Bluegrass is where it's at.

Now go listen to The Avett Brothers, and think about what a nerd I am.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You are not a nerd! You're you and that is a part of what makes you so special (and that isn't the SNL Dana Carvey, Church Lady "special" either)!

Mandi said...

Heather I secretly love blue grass as well! So to me you are not a nerd at all! Loved the song!