Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend au spectacular

You MUST start this recipe with a terrible day of work on Friday. Terrible days typically include: grumpy bosses; rained out water days, and subsequently angry children; and in this case a sustained bite (broken skin and all) to an area we'll call my 'lower abdomen', but in reality was in a place I was embarrassed to even show my husband).
Once the terrible work day is over simmer in the car for about the distance to the South Stake center and youth conference '09. By the time you get there you should be able to peel the stress filled day (but not the bite mark) away with little effort.
Add :
a best friend
300 youth
some tunes- in this case "Bad to the bone", and a couple Vanilla Ice classics.
a heaping plate of a taco salad for dinner
an always delightful chat with Major Babe, followed immediately a hug that smells on you all night
and a pinch of an awkward moment when a youth hits on you at the dance.

At this point in the recipe, it's important to make some phone calls, and hurry back to Jacksonville to catch up with it's newest residents and their (and my) fabulous family.
*Keep an eye on the bite- any redness or swelling should be seen by a doctor (don't worry, I skipped this step).

Add:

Olive Garden appetizers
The sweetest niece and nephew you can find
A wonderful father, accompanied by a fabulous sister and brother in law.
And if you have it-another super cute sister and her also super cute roommate.

Let that marinate over night.

Then add:

A perfect morning
Your new favorite arts market (under a bridge)
Turkey sandwiches on croissants
A successful move of two girls things into their 1st apartment
A tearful good bye

Again let it marinate over night, then add:

A cantaloupe from the garden, and dad's oh-so-yummy omelette's
Church in an old ward, filled with old friends.
A baby blessing for the besties firstborn
Fathers blessings, and an apartment dedication
And another tearful goodbye.

*the bite will now be ready to be ignored. Don't worry, the worst part is over.

There it is, my weekend spectacular recipe. What ingredients did you use for yours?

2 comments:

Jenilee Sizemore said...

That is one heck of a recipe. LOL! I always love reading your posts. This will sound funny but when I read your blogs I hear them in your voice in the way that we use to talk and it always makes me smile. :)

Heather said...

I love that!!! I write very much like I speak, and I'm glad that you hear me =))