Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh what do you do in the summer time, when all the world is green?

Here's what we've been up to:

Girls camp was last week, and it was a blast! I met some great people, and got to know and love the girls I served. I was definitly blessed with a wonderful assistant Camp Crafter (that sounds funny huh!?) who made sure I knew what was going on when I needed to know. This stake is pretty big on traditions, and it could have been much more overwhelming had Miss Danielle not been there! Camp Oleno is beautiful, although I think I could have apprectated it more if the river was swimable =) I'm excited to go back again maybe, a little more prepared, and a little more comfortable. Definitly with another waffle house excursion. Thanks to everyone who helped, see y'all soon hopefully!









Aside from that things have been pretty calm. I'm now enjoying my first summer break since the 8th grade. It kind of works out perfectly with what is going on now for a few of our closest friends. Clif and Britani are expecting their daughter soon, and Steven and Sarah just welcomed their little boy. I've really enjoyed just the few days of being able to lend them a hand. I can only imagine how challenging a new little one is! Both these ladies are great mommies and wonderful women who make it all look so easy. Congratulations girls, David and I are so thankful to be a part of this exciting time for you!!

Aside from the regular day to day my 5 week break will hopefully contain....at least a few pounds of blueberries picked, a week long retreat to Palm Bay, a ward activity, a shower for Emily, another new baby (this time a girl), a visit from Doug and Allison and their little ones, a wonderful 4th of July, at least a couple trips to the beach, a refinished dresser, a painted bathroom, a trip to the cannery, a few jars of jam, an apartment hunt for Kaylene, and maybe some homemade ice cream...

What about you all? Any summer plans?

4 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

Just planning to stay much cooler and less stinky than we were last week! Along with some fun. Want to do a girls night next month? Have a little reunion and some laughs? Or maybe a girls breakfast!?

mrsarmogansclass said...

Loved the pics from camp! I certainly missed being there this year :( However, I had the most perfect little distraction to occupy my thoughts and time and her name is "Chandani" (LOL) As far as plans go...Ravi is not a big "planner" per say, cause then he might just have to follow through :)~ Although by next month we can take or little one into the sun so I'd love some pool and beach time for sure...I am ULTRA white and need a little tinting to match my beautifully tan baby (LOL)

Britani Gerald said...

Thanks for all the help,love and support!! I don't know what I would do without you. You're a great friend :D love you lots!!

Jenilee Sizemore said...

I'm so jealous you got to go Girls Camp. I'm sure the girls loved you. There is no greater feeling then serving those Young Women and getting to feel the spirit so strongly. Those girls will love you forever. :)