Monday, June 29, 2009

Homes


















I am one blessed girl. I'm back from my trip home, to Palm Bay. And have come to a conclusion. I've been debating, really since we bought the house and moved in about where my home was. I have had a little mental struggle going on.

Palm Bay has been home. My parents home was my home. People who have known me my whole life, streets I knew my way around, a home I always feel myself in, and family quailfied Palm Bay for the title.


But Jacksonville (really Orange Park now) had started to feel more home-y as well. I've been here a while. People are starting to be more familiar, as well as the streets. And I have family here now too. So should Jacksonville be home?

When I was in Palm Bay I called Jacksonville home. When I was in jacksonville I called Palm Bay home. So my trip last week has cleared it all up. Here is my verdict.....


I have a couple 'homes'. I'm blessed enough to have places I can go and feel like I am home. To feel loved and accepted and safe. I have two safe havens. I have to heavens on earth. I'm so blessed! Palm Bay in all of it's glory will always be home. But Jacksonville has earned the title as well. Be it ever so humble there's no place like my homes.


Now for the trip details.....it was a blast!!

Jacob my little brother is no longer little. He is offically taller than me and can pick me up (though he dare not try!).

Kaylene is gettig ready to move to Jacksonville and I'm ready!

Jessica and her family are the cutest. Her little ones are just too much fun and getting bigger every day. She has started making quilts and blankts sets for baby cribs, and they are BEAUTIFUL! I'll post the link when she finally sets her Etsy account up, I've already called dibs on a few sets.

Mom and Dad are great as ever. Anna and Kim are h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s. We had a good time at the pool and the beach and letterboxing.
The highlight of the trip may have been Ben and Jerrys. You see my dad has a special kind of love for ice cream. He has a bowl every night before bed. So for fathers day, we put him up for the gallon challenge. 20 scoops of ice cream. 18 toppings. 1 brownie. 4 banannas. Lots of whipped cream. If you can eat it all, you get it free. We all ended up helping, but he gave it a good shot. I'm thinking it should be a new tradition! What do you think?

2 comments:

Jenilee Sizemore said...

I loved this blog. I think the same thing about North Carolina too. I love going home to Florida but I now call NC home too for all the same reasons you think of Jax as your home. Glad you had fun with your fam. Kalene is moving down there? For school? Will she live close by. Ben and Jerry's challenge...oh my heck, why did we never do that? LOL!

Heather said...

She is movig up here to go to school in less than a month to go to UNF =) I'm really excited to have her closer! She's still loking for an affordable apartment that isn't in the hood (we know how that goes). Girl, the Ben and Jerrys thing is brilliant. It's definitly going to be an annual event!!