Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Capicity to Create

I loved this talk when President Uchdtorf gave it. Don't you just instantly recognize it as truth? As someone who has dappled her hands in many projects, and searched for things to be good at creating, I find a lot of peace in the truth that I was "fashioned by an endlessly creative God". Despite how many things I don't excel at creating, the more I rely on the Spirit that greater my 'capacity to create' will be. Last year I tried gardening, and sewing, and baking, and cooking, and even thought I didn't win a prize or set a record, I satisfied part of my desire to create, and to improve.

So on to this year, a new year of creating. What about you. Any creations planned?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I want to create a little piece of heaven in my home, a place of refuge from the world with greater understanding and tolerance.

mrsarmogansclass said...

I met Ravi and as we created a friendship, and my heart grew. Then we created our Eternal family by being married and sealed in the Temple, and my heart grew even bigger. Now with the addition of our best little creation EVER...I feel like the Grinch with this ever expanding heart!!! After creating such a perfect little body for our baby girl...I look forward to creating a little brother or sister for her to play with and love!!!